The human behavior is way too complex. Unlike the quantifiable behavior of electrons, human behavior varies depending upon moods and situations. Relying purely on Quantitative research methods to understand human behavior will be futile.
Qualitative research methods help designers
– To substantiate design decisions
– To align development & business teams to design strategy.
Qualitative research helps us to understanding
– Users, user’s goals
– Context: user, technical and business
– Products and usage
-“lingua” of the user
Types of Qualitative Research:
– Stakeholder interviews
– Subject Matter Experts (SME) interviews
– Customers & Users Interviews
– User & Ethnographic Field studies
– Product Brochures Review
– Product & Competitive Audits