AHAH = Asynchronous HTML and HTTP is a subset of AJAX without the X(XML)
- Like in AJAX, use XMLHTTP to raise a Request.
- The state-change of the request when the Response is received is directly passed on to a Function.
- The response is directly fed into the intended target element (Div) of the document using the innerHTML attribute of elements.
- Unlike AJAX, the response is not parsed at the client side.
- Technically, its a subset of AJAX without the X (XML)
- Works when you dont change the content structure of the XMLHTTP response.
- Doesn’t work when you call HTML files with external .css and .js files.
- Code is very simple (about 20 lines)
- Was first used couple of years ago.
Sample Code to send a AHAH Request
Sample Code to receive a AHAH Request